Three Generations & Growing
Ernie & Mabel Richardson purchased the greenhouse from Ralph & Zoa Workman in July 1943. They raised mostly geraniums and vegetables for wholesale and retail trade. Through hard work, they became a major supplier of geranium cuttings for the Eastern United States.
Their son, Jim and his wife, Beverly took over in 1973 increasing their production area, thus increasing plant selection tremendously.
In 2002, the business was passed to the third generation, sisters Robin Voltz and Rinda Sloan. They completed a major renovation adding 13,000 sq. ft. of retail space with modern facilities. They continue to offer a wide selection of annuals and perennials including some of the latest introductions and have also kept alive the old favorites including 27 varieties of heirloom tomatoes.
Currently, the fourth generation is lending many helping hands toward the success and future of Richardson’s Greenhouse.